Thursday, May 31, 2007

Up $7805 5/5 – 5/21 Part 6 - Perma-tilt

5/13 down $1220 (Commerce)
While still steamed from that last session if I've learned anything from my Jan/Feb AC disaster, it's that I need to sleep after taking an ass kicking. Which is a huge effort as I keep waking up anxious with weird dreams. And of course wanting to go and play. So I fight every urge to drive back I force myself to back to bed, and stay in bed until I doze enough to get in a full eight hours. I finally feel that I can play around three, so I fight through stupid traffic that takes me like an hour to drive ten miles. Get there, take out the entire $3500 and change I have left in my player's account which really looks like nothing when they give it to you in three $1k chips and a few hundreds.

When I first sit down the cards are with me, and even though I'm sitting at the same table, in the same seat as the night before, still thinking about it... it doesn't matter when I flop a set of Ten's vs some kid's AA (or KK, he didn't show) and he goes all in. I take a few more pots and within like an hour I'm up $3k. But I'm still on stupid tilt, thinking about the session yesterday, and start bluffing, and trying to steal every damn pot, as it doesn't feel like I'm up $3k, but rather that I'm now down $1k. And so, a couple hours later I'm only up $2k. At which point, I kind of knew that I should leave, know how good booking a decent “W” will be for me. But, I'm only in town for a few days...

I get QQ under the gun. Raise to $80, this tight, passive, middle aged Asian calls. I'd been making these fun $20 prop bets with him about stupid shit... red/black, if we'd actually pay the collection pot, high/low on first card on the flop, it was fun and we were laughing a lot between hands we weren't playing. Anyway, he calls. Then the button raises to $180. The button is pretty aggressive, and I'm pretty sure he's just taking a shot at the pot, so after some thought, I raise to $400, and then the Tight Asian goes all in for $1500! Well, wow. Button folds. I'm looking at him, with a “hey, we're buddies” expression. He says nothing. I'm wondering if he has AK, or maybe even JJ. He finally says “I have a big hand.” I say “Yeah, I have a big hand too.” He says nothing more and looks down with a somewhat glum look. I think for probably too long, put him on, I don't know what I put him on... I call. He has KK. Board is no help for me, and 90% of profits are gone. Should I have folded? Yes, without question this was a huge mistake... His glum look wasn't because he was sad that I had a big hand, but that he was going to take money from someone who he liked. As he's taking the pot in, he says “I told you I had a big hand.”

Ok, so from $3k of instant profit, I'm only up a few hundred. The table was tight, and bluffing should have been profitable, but I think I kept running into guys with decent hands, or maybe they were good and started paying attention to me, and were playing back at my aggressions? I don't know. Anyway, I bluff away another $1k and am now down for the trip for the first time, with only $2500 left, all of which I've got on the table. At this point.

The rest of the evening is up and down. Late at night, there's an amazing donkey who puts about $10k into the game in $2k increments. He can't fold anything, will call with middle pairs, or any draw. Unfortunately, I'm unable to get into a big hand with him and I have to sit back and watch as the other good players at the table dismantle him. The table breaks when he's busted, it's 4AM, and it's time for me to sleep.

No comments: