Thursday, August 16, 2007

down $1650

Lost last session. Sunday after the mega win. I think I played pretty good, but, I keep going up and back about that. I had AA and QQ cracked early on. Although I was able to get out of both hands with only $400 - $800 damage each.

I fought back to even about midway through the session. I had AA vs this wacky asian lady who cracked my QQ earlier. I raised to $100 pre flop, she called. Flop = 432. She goes all in. I think for a little while. She's been complaining for the past hour about how she's down, how poker sucks, etc etc. She's pretty easy to read at this point, just by her talking and talking, I know that she's not feeling so good about her hand, and I know she doesn't have a set. So, I call, she has 55, she misses her set or straight, and I win a nice pot. And have like $100 profit, after being down like $1900 at one point

About an hour after this, these two insane dudes come to the table. One is wearing a "Tapout" (mma) shirt, the other seems to be his friend. Tapout, is insane, trying to bluff everyone off every hand. His friend is a bit calmer, but still pretty insane too. The rest of the table and me all sit around with helmets on, just hoping to get into hands with the live ones. I stupidly try to bluff on 22 once, and get re-raised out of the pot. Stupid. I get 99 eventually. I call the friend's raise. He'd just bluffed big at the hand right before this one, and lost a huge pot because of a dude calling him down with like a pair of T's on a TAK XX board. He'd missed his flush. Anyway, I call. Flop is like 7 high. I check, he bets $150. He turns to eat his food. I think this is suspicious, I make it $400. He looks at me, asks how much I have left, and puts me all in. Hmmm... I fold after thinking for awhile. I am feeling shitty about this now. I'm pretty sure I had him, and even if I didn't have him, this is a call I need to make. I had a good read on him, and the circumstance was pretty right, and I just pussied out for $800 bucks. He had AK at best, I think.

Anyway, I would have played past my 8 hours if Tapout had stayed at the table, but he busts out soon after. Throwing away like $1500 on a pair of Q's (top pair) vs a pretty tight dude's made straight. It was somewhat amusing.

Ok, I'm off to play now. I wrote a lot in the novel the begining of the week, sat in this coffee shop today and worked on that "on losing" essay the whole day, worked out this morning, slept well, ate well, etc etc etc. I'm feeling nervous, but, the brain is going to feel about as good as it's going to feel, and being nervous isn't the worst thing for me. I think, I hope.

l8r,
XXXXX

No comments: