Sunday, August 19, 2007

Up $1420

I was planning to play again tonight, but I played for 5 hours yesterday and I just felt myself hit the wall. And I've won three in a row, and so I think I'll reward myself by taking take today and tomorrow to do nothing productive, drink some beers, hang out by the pool, and wander around LA a bit.

The game was easy, no huge hands for me. I sit and watch these two maniacs suck out on people the whole game. Here's a good one. Maniac calls $200 with AQ, flop = XXX, better puts maniac all in for like $1500, maniac calls. turn = X, river = Q. Better had JJ. Hands like that the whole night, so I just sit with a helmet on, and do nothing. Unfortunately I get no hands. The dude directly to my right employs the same strategy, but he gets a set of 7's and doubles through the Maniac, and then pocket Kings, and busts him, when he can't lay down T8 pre flop, nor on the T high flop. I leave shortly after this hand, as I'm tired and he was the only reason I was pushing myself to stay.

So, the whole discipline thing I wrote about worked out very well, and no drink, no bad food, exercise a lot, write a lot. Through it I found such a high degree of patientce and the ability to actualy follow my game plan, instead of being overcome with the desire to gamble that I often feel. In my last 5 games, I'm up $11k. Which I'm feeling is more of a relief than anything. Anyway, see y'all on Thursday.

No comments: